Re: [4diac-dev] 4DIAC with STM32F4

Hi
I don't recall that I've installed "make". I'm using windows 7 by the way

I typically go with the 4. option for cross compiling. For me I normally get the better results here. You need to specifiy at least the c compiler and the c++ compiler as well as an operating system. I think for now you can ignore the warning.

From you rerror messages I can see that you have not specified the right C compiler. Furthermore it looks like there is no "make" installed or available. Can this bee?

I hope this helps.
Alois

Gesendet: Sonntag, 29. November 2015 um 20:47 Uhr

Von: "mazen Aounallah" <slachist@xxxxxxxxx>
An: "4diac developer discussions" <4diac-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [4diac-dev] 4DIAC with STM32F4
Hi again,
I'm a little bit stack, I did not succeed in compiling the FORTE code. I don't know exactly which toolchain I need to specify when compiling FORTE.
I usually program my stm32F4 using C but FORTE uses c++.
Please tell me If I'm doing something wrong here.
Images intégrées 2
I chose the math module. for configuration I chose to specify toolchain for cross compiling but I'm not really sure which toolchain to use.
I'm using this toolchain arm-none-eabi-g++.exe

Or should I choosethe fourth radio button. In that case I need to specify the os that will run the FORTE code which is FreeRTOS and the the c++ compiler. Again I'm having errors.

In both cases I got "error in configuration process, project file may be invalide"
I attached the error log for the two options.

Thanks

yes with the boot-files you took the wrong turn. Boot-files are configuration files read by FORTE on startup configuring the application of on FORTE instance. FOr compiling FORTE you will need the source code of FORTE.

The big difference to other embedded systesm is that we normally don't generate specific source code for an application. We only generate code for the different FBs. Which you then need to compile for your FORTE. For running applications we are then configuring FORTEs. You can do this either with the download button or by generating a boot file.

I think a good starting point will be the documentationfor compiling FORTE and the turorials in the doc.  For the overall system configration I suggest the X+3 tutorial. The flip flop tutorials will explain how to add an own FB to FORTE.

I hope this helps. Suggestions on improving our docs or very welcome!

Cheers,
Alois