[xtext-dev] 2.11 release is approaching

Hi & Happy New Year to everyone,

as the release date for 2.11 is approaching we need to do more testing and slow down changing the code base.

I suggest to stop development of any features in our mature code base and only do fixes that obviously improve the current status quo. That means no fixes for minor problems, that could introduce major issues.

Starting one week before the release (i.e. January 17th) we should only add changes for important blockers.

Testing

For testing we used to have a testing plan, where everyone is encouraged to participate and cover as much of the testing as possible. By using a plan we keep track of what has been tested and what not, avoiding duplicated efforts and missing important scenarios.

https://github.com/eclipse/xtext/wiki/Xtext-2.11-Test-Plan

Please feel free to add test items as you wish and test stuff that is not listed (adding it afterward would be good).

Release Notes

Based on Karsten's suggestion I added an initial draft for a release notes document to a new branch (website-master) on the Xtext repository.

https://github.com/eclipse/xtext/tree/website-master

Cheers,
Sven

--
Sven Efftinge

TypeFox GmbH
Am Germaniahafen 1
24143 Kiel

Sitz: Kiel, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Kiel, HRB 17385
Managing Directors: Sven Efftinge, Moritz Eysholdt, Dr. Jan Köhnlein

Back to the top