Re: [xtext-dev] IDEA code base contribution

Hi Eric,

contributions of any kind are of course very welcome!
The idea part is built using gradle. So you should be able to build it using with './gradlew build' after checkout.
If you want to use Eclipse I recommend to use the latest builds of the buildship gradle plugin, from
http://download.eclipse.org/buildship/updates/e46/milestones/2.x/

Cheers,
Sven

A few years ago, the company I work for started using xtext for developing an internal DSL. Development started in Eclipse, hibernated for one year and now resumes in IntelliJ IDEA. We are facing some issues that are blocking us (for ex. https://github.com/eclipse/xtext-idea/issues/10 or https://github.com/eclipse/xtext-idea/issues/26). I understood that there is currently no maintainer for the IDEA code base so I thought I could give it a try and contribute.

So far I managed to install the xtext workspace, but did not manage to build anything.

Are you open for contribution on the IDEA code base?
Can I get some help to setup the correct workflow?

Merry Christmas!
Eric.