Re: [xtext-dev] Parsers AND emitters

Hi Jay,

good to hear about your successes!

and yes, to write the given format you may want to use Xtext’s serializer. It takes an EMF model as input and outputs it as text that fully conforms to your grammar.

You can invoke it via
org.eclipse.xtext.resource.XtextResource#save(…) or
org.eclipse.xtext.serializer.ISerializer

If you want to generate text in a format that you don’t have a grammar for, Xtend is an excellent language to implement a mode-to-text transformation aka code generator.

regards,
  Moritz