Re: [xtext-dev] Xtext grammar translation bug?

Hi Oleg,

entryRules describe a complete document from the beginning to the end. Therefore the EOF token is used in these rules.
They serve as parser rules if partial parsing is applied during editing of a file.

In your particular example it seems to be a bug in Antlr, e.g. if I manually edit the generated grammar and put meaningless parentheses around the the subrule for id1 = ID?, I don't the the error anymore.
I'm afraid you have to refactor your grammar slightly to adopt to that issue.
I'd also recommend to use Java-conventional names for the production rules, e.g. TranlationUnit instead of translation_unit as there will be Java classes created from those names.

Regards,
Sebastian