Re: [xtext-dev] Guice 3

Jason,

please see below.

On 24.10.2011, at 00:30, Jason van Zyl wrote:

On 2011-10-23, at 2:53 PM, Sebastian Zarnekow <Sebastian.Zarnekow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jason,

Guice will use cglib to create byte code for new classes for some scenarios. These classes may not be generated into an existing package but a new one because all our packages are signed. Therefore we had to use a patched version for Guice' naming strategy for such demand-created classes.

I think that could go back to Guice itself. Seems perfectly reasonable to not generate into a package that already exists.

Package visible methods cannot be used together with Guice' AOP features. It should all work out of the box if the non-AOP package is used.

All usages of internal guice API look bogus to me and should be replaced with the corresponding common.collect classes.

If you do that the Xtext will work fine with Guice 3 in Maven 3.x.

Sounds promising.

Regards,
Sebastian