Re: [xtext-dev] Build config

Thanks Dennis,

It looks like (I'm hoping!) that your setup is more complex than mine. Can I ask a couple of questions?

1. Have you thought about the following issue with multiple CVS imports? It seems that because we use CVS SCM management, but also Buckminster is pulling from CVS (i.e. you aren't using "local" reader) that it only makes sense to grab latest releng as you're doing rather than the whole source tree. And the buckminster cvs provider once it sees artifacts in workspace it simply leaves them as is. This means that it is impossible to use SCM triggered builds anymore, correct? Which means that I think you have it set up to just automatically trigger every t periods. And then you need to simply wipe out build space every time a new build is triggered. I suppose that is probably best anyway to ensure an absolutely clean build but it means two areas where resource use and build time would go up.

2. Why do you use both mv shell script and archive artifacts?

3. It looks like promote process is now different, that is you have a custom ant task for that. But I can't actually find the source of ${WORKSPACE}/publishroot/publisher.ant in your xtext releng. Can you tell me where it's located and if there are advantages to that vs. using the cron job? (Except the obvious one of not having to maintain that separately.)

4. There is a parameter for REFERENCE_REPOSITORY. This seems to be used for comparison purposes, but I'm not sure why it's needed, that is why you don't simply promote any new build. Is that being referred to from the publish script?

cheers and thanks again,

Miles