[xtext-dev] Recent changes

Hi all,

I've moved our code generating the ANTLR grammars to Eclipse.org, since that was all clean EPL code developed by us. Also the call to the ANTLR code generator is now done via reflection (i.e. no compile time dependency anymore). Furthermore the various ANTLR fragments are now asking the user to download the ANTLR generator from an itemis website, if it cannot be found on the classpath. If the user agrees, the jar is downloaded, stored locally, dynamically added to the classpath and executed. If they don't agree with downloading they are referred to the packrat parser alternative.

This change finally allows users to have fun with Xtext versions downloaded from eclipse.org, which don't have the non-approved ANTLR parser generator. The reason for this change is that the Eclipse Foundation asked us to remove all the download links to the itemis website but instead use eclipse.org downloads, which is now possible. :-)

I've installed the nightly builds into a vanilla eclipse and everything seems to work nicely.

Sven

Back to the top