[xtext-dev] Materializing the Xtext target platform

Hi fellows,

I just found time to follow the steps in http://www.eclipse.org/Xtext/developers/workspaceSetup.php to set up my workspace in order to work on Xtext again.

One thing that struck me was why don't we provide a target definition file for the target platform? This might make the process even smoother (it's already really smooth, kudos to Dennis, Sebastian and everybody else involved!). I just created a target definition file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?pde version="3.5"?>

<target name="Xtext Target Platform">
<locations>
<location path="${workspace_loc}/org.eclipse.xtext.releng/team/targetplatform/eclipse" type="Directory"/>
</locations>
<environment>
<os>macosx</os>
<ws>cocoa</ws>
<arch>x86</arch>
<nl>en_US</nl>
</environment>
</target>

It looks to me we could easily derive the platform information from /org.eclipse.xtext.releng/build.properties. Users can then just open the target definition file and click on the "Set as Target Platform" link to activate this target platform.

Let me know if you considered this option but dropped it for technical reasons.

Cheers,
Peter

Back to the top