Re: [xtext-dev] Settings per project

Great!
@all: Please don't overuse the formatter. It is a nice tool but it is not as good as we can be. This is especially the case when it comes to longer expressions and string concatenations.

Cheers,
Sven

On Aug 12, 2009, at 10:49 PM, Sebastian Zarnekow wrote:

Hi everybody,

I've changed the way we store our project specific IDE settings: They are now stored per project to ensure a common code style, to have the same compiler warnings for everybody and to minimize the CVS noise due to subsequent code formatting by different committers. Although this approach has many advantages, there is a little drawback: The code templates contain a template variable "user" which is "zarnekow" in my case instead of "Sebastian Zarnekow". This produces javadoc comments like "@author zarnekow - Initial contribution and API" which are kind of ugly. To change the value for this variable, you'll have to edit your eclipse.ini and add the following entry at the end of the file:
-Duser.name=John Doe

The initially committed settings are a basis for discussions and can be customized in the "develop"-project. It contains a class "CopySettings" that will sync the settings with every other xtext, xpand or mwe project in your workspace.

Regards,
Sebastian