Re: [xtext-dev] Xtext Website

Hallo Heiko,

leider konnte ich heute nicht bei der Diskussion dabei sein. Hattest du dabei schon Vorschläge gezeigt? Kannst du mir die ggf zusenden?

Verschnupfte Grüße,
Sebastian

Am 12.05.2009 um 10:50 schrieb Heiko Behrens:

Hey Folks,

within the next weeks we want to overhaul the users' first impression of Xtext. This does not only affect the UI (e.g. Wizards) or a ready-to-use distro but public material such as documentation and the website as well. So far, only the wiki page at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xtext informs the first-time user about Xtext's capabilities. To improve this situation I want to establish a face-lifted web appearance of Xtext that resides at http://www.eclipse.org/Xtext. If have already discussed this topic with some of you and clarified some technical issues with the webmasters of eclipse.org. We will be able to provide a custom design, present off-site links to the oAW Distribution and do other fancy (php-based) stuff as well if we want to.

If have collected a few items that outline this effort and I would highly appreciate feedback.

First step: A Landing page
	• Appealing Look
	• Short description about Xtext in general
	• (Screenshot / Diagram ?)
	• Easy to find download link
	• Documentation
	• Professional Support (non annoying)
	• Key Features
	• Note for irritated Xtext oAW users
	• Status (latest commit, twitter, blog headlines) to appear fresh

Second, a restructured web page the conforms to these ideas

	• Landing Page (see above)
	• Documentation
		• online version of documentation
		• tutorials (n minute)
		• screencasts
		• DSL examples
		• other resources (such as articles or noteworthy blog posts)
	• Testimonials or "Users that are impressed by Xtext"
	• Support
		• Newsgroup
		• Bugzilla
		• Off-Link to "Professional Support"
	• Contribute / Developer
		• Team (People behind the scenes, short bio?)
		• Wiki
		• JavaDoc, JUnit-Reports
		• Sources
		• Metrics

Please feel free to comment this list. In the next days I will send around some design documents to feed the discussion.

@itemis kiel: Tomorrow morning I will be at the office. How about a short discussion based on the current designs?
--
Heiko Behrens
Software Architect

phone	: +49 (0) 431 / 5606-338
mobile	: +49 (0) 151/108 604 78
fax		: +49 (0) 431 / 5606-339

web: http://www.itemis.de
blog: http://www.1160pm.net
mail: heiko.behrens@xxxxxxxxx
xing: https://www.xing.com/profile/Heiko_Behrens

itemis AG
Schauenburgerstraße 116
24118 Kiel
Germany

Rechtlicher Hinweis:

Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 20621
Vorstand: Wolfgang Neuhaus, Jens Wagener, Dr. Georg Pietrek
Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Burkhard Igel(Vors.), Stephan Grollmann, Michael
Neuhaus