Re: [xtext-dev] MWE/Xpand tooling

Jan,

On 11.02.2009, at 11:28, Jan Köhnlein wrote:
as Xtext should be built using Xpand/Xtend tooling from eclipse only, I've removed all dependencies to openArchitectureWare. That especially means, we should use M2T Xpand tooling for the development of Xtext from now on. I had to fix a couple of bugs in M2T Xpand to make it work for me. So I'd suggest we have another build of Xpand such that we can install and use it for Xtext, thereby testing it.

I tried installing Xpand / MWE from their respective update sites (http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/m2t/updates/interim/ and http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/updates/interim/), however it appeared to me the lasted builds of Xpand are not listed on the update site. So I downloaded and installed the ZIP (http://emft.eclipse.org/modeling/m2t/xpand/downloads/drops/0.7.0/I200902111156/m2t-xpand-SDK-incubation-I200902111156.zip ) manually. So I am wondering why the N/I builds do not show up on the interim update site.
@Dennis: any clue?

I know everyone is keen on getting Xtext on the way, but there is some work on Xpand / MWE that has to be done. One is to update the Xpand docs and make it available in the Eclipse help. I filed a bug for that, too.

I am taking care of the help feature. I plan on re-using the build- script that's used when writing articles for Eclipse.org - it takes care of downloading all the required libraries.

Peter

Back to the top