[xtext-dev] Migrated to Google Guice

Hi,

I've just checked in the migration to google guice.
In case you don't know, Guice is a dependency injection framework, which now replaces our homegrown DI framework.

The main changes are:
- some projects are superfluous (I removed everything and put a DELETE.ME file in, in addition they are no longer in the team project set files) - two new projects (I've renamed the *.ui.common.xtend project to just *.xtend, because it's planned to have Xtend-based runtime API, as well. I've added a corresponding *.xtend.tests project) - the configuration classes used to do the DI setup are replaced by module implementations (module is a guice concept).

I'll write down the details in the wiki.
You should also read http://google-guice.googlecode.com/files/Guice%201.0%20User%27s%20Guide.pdf .

Cheers,
Sven

Back to the top