[xtext-dev] M5 planning minutes

Hi,

attached the notes of our meeting from monday:

M4 Review

We did most of the things we've planned. However, there is some documentation which has to be updated and the migration to Google Guice is not completed, yet.

TODOs for M5:

Sven to update the documentation. regarding linking and scoping.
Heiko to complete migration to Google Guice (including IP stuff).

ContentAssist

The content assist get's better and better. However, there are still some circumstances which are not handled correctly (we'll have to post them into bugzilla).

TODOS for M5

Sebastian to give pointers on how to improve resp. what to change.
Michael to further improve content assist

LazyLinking

We need a way to link Xtext models lazily, because The current Eager linking causes transitive linking in the IDE which is very expensive.

TODOs for M5

Sven to investigate possibilities to implement lazy linking.

ParserGenerator

Due to IP problems, we need to get rid of Antlr (at least the generator). We take the chance and develop our own parser generator in order to better support the needs of Xtext in future (e.g. modular grammars).

TODOs for M5

Sebastian to implement a parser generator. Have fun! :-)

Outline View

The outline view still needs to be overhauled. It is still too tightly coupled to the abstract syntax tree.

Did I miss something?

Back to the top