Re: [xsd-dev] eclipse with xsd as GUI for XML editing

Mark,

Please use the newsgroup for questions rather than the mailing list.

I would suggest trying this tutorial:

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/emf/scripts/docs.php?doc=tutorials/xlibmod/xlibmod.html

with your schema and seeing whether the generated editor comes close to meeting your needs.

The XML Schema to Ecore mapping ignores key/keyref/unique right now.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

m.rzepka@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: xsd-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/16/2004 09:59 AM

Please respond to
xsd-dev

xsd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[xsd-dev] eclipse with xsd as GUI for XML editing

hi,
I have an idea to 'abuse' eclipse with xsd as a xml editor. I need a GUI for
editing XML data that is valid to a XML Schema for users that cannot edit
XML documents with a text editor.
Do you think this is good idea? How can I realize it with eclipse and XSD?
Do eclipse with xsd support the XML Schema xsd:key - xsd:keyref
functionality like ecore:reference?
thanks and regards,
mark rzepka