Re: [xsd-dev] xsd newbie question

Peter,

Please use the newsgroup for questions.  Have a look at XSDMainTest.java in
the org.eclipse.xsd.test plugins for a working example of how to do 1 and
at XSDPrototypicalSchema in the org.eclipse.xsd plugins for snippets and
smaller examples.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

             Peter Stibrany
             <cipso@xxxxxxx>
             xsd-dev-admin@ecl         xsd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             ipse.org                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/24/2004 05:45          [xsd-dev] xsd newbie question
             AM

             Please respond to
                  xsd-dev

Hello.

I need library that can provide information about xml schema. I found
XSD and it looks promising, however I can't figure out even simple tasks.

Suppose that I have schema, like the Purchase Order Schema from the XML
Schema Primer. How can I do following?

1) load schema (i.e. create XSDSchema object)?

2) find out all complexType names (answer should be: PurchaseOrderType,
USAddress, Items)

3) which elements can be defined in
   a) //purchaseOrder/shipTo
   b) //purchaseOrder/items
answer to 3 should be:
   a) name, street, city, state, zip -- in this order
   b) item -- zero or more times

My most basic problem is that I don't know how to do 1). I think there
are examples for 2) and 3), but examples I found so far already expects
XSDSchema object ready.

Java code that shows how to do this would be very helpful.

Thank you.

--Peter Stibrany