Re: [xsd-dev] Re: Using/Parsing w3.2001.XMLSchema

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Schloss"
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 2:49 PM
Subject: [xsd-dev] Re: Using/Parsing w3.2001.XMLSchema

> Do you have an <import> element information item in your schema?  You
> should not need one if all you are doing is creating types which restrict
> the built-in simpleTypes or you are making elements or attributes that use
> the built-in simpleTypes.

There is no <import> for XMLSchema.xsd, but EMF nevertheless assumes that
a class file exists for it (I will look into this separately).

> Please feel free to append one of your real schemas.

I downloaded the attached files from:

http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/schemas.html#W3CWorkingGroup

This is is the best match I have.  Eclipse only reports 6 errors:

Error   XSD: The enumeration facet is not permitted in a type based on
'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#allNNI' XMLSchema.xsd
nees-sensor/xsd/w3/2001 line 840
Error   XSD: The enumeration facet is not permitted in a type based on
'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#allNNI' XMLSchema.xsd
nees-sensor/xsd/w3/2001 line 841
Error   XSD: The enumeration facet is not permitted in a type based on
'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#decimal' XMLSchema.xsd
nees-sensor/xsd/w3/2001 line 832
Error   XSD: The enumeration facet is not permitted in a type based on
'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#decimal' XMLSchema.xsd
nees-sensor/xsd/w3/2001 line 833
Error   XSD: The value '1' of attribute 'default' must be one of 0, 1 as
constrained by 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#maxOccurs_._type'
XMLSchema.xsd nees-sensor/xsd/w3/2001 line 837
Error   XSD: The value '1' of attribute 'default' must be one of 0, 1 as
constrained by 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#minOccurs_._type'
XMLSchema.xsd nees-sensor/xsd/w3/2001 line 829

> Note that the lead committer for org.eclipse.xsd will not be back from
> vacation until June 9th, and others of us are busy at conferences during
> the same time... so please be somewhat patient.

Not a problem.  I am sure I will continue to be fascinated until then!

--Hank

<xsd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>