[xsd-dev] Detecting errors in XSD parsing

I need to be able to detect bad xsd's during parsing. For example, if there is an XSD with a snippet like this:

	<xsd:complexType name="stim">
		<xsd:sequence>
			<xsd:gfgfd name="This" type="xsd:string"/>
			<xsd:element name="that" type="xsd:string"/>
		</xsd:sequence>
	</xsd:complexType>

I would like the parser to notify me somehow that the first thing in the sequence is not a legal xsd construct. Instead it continues parsing with complex type and says it has just one element. I tried calling XSDSchema.getDiagnostics() but got an empty list. Also, another example could be broken links to includes/imports.

Obviously there are a lot more things that can go wrong with parsing - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Hayden Marchant, Team Leader
Unicorn Solutions

International dial:U.S. toll free dial:
Tel: +972 2 649 11171 866 2 UNICOR(N) x117
Fax: +972 2 649 11121 866 FX UNICO(RN)
Mobile: +972 55 69 1117

Back to the top