From: Bob Schloss [mailto:rschloss@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 12:13 AM
To: xsd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [xsd-dev] XSD use outside of Eclipse

Joe,

      Please look at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/xsd-home/faq.html#install_classpath
 .
The XSD library makes use of the EMF runtime as well as the Xerces XML
parser.

      You can download the EMF materials from
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextools.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/emf-home/downloads/dl.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project

      You can download the Xerces XML parser from
http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-j/Xerces-J-bin.2.2.1.zip
although the names of the jar files in this Zip may be slightly different
from the names they are given when distributed with the Eclipse IDE (and
those were the names listed in the classpath FAQ answer.)

      (Alternative versions of Xerces-J can be found listed here:
http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-j/ ).  Alternatively, pick up XML4J here:
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/xml4j .

      Note that the XSD library was tested with a slightly earlier version
of Xerces-J and XML4J than is currently being distributed from those sites,
namely the version that Eclipse 2.0 IDE ships with.

                  Regards,
                  Bob Schloss

                      Joe
                      <beripome@yahoo.c        To:       xsd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      om>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [xsd-dev] XSD use outside of Eclipse
                      xsd-dev-admin@ecl
                      ipse.org

                      01/04/2003 09:35
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      xsd-dev

Hi,

I'm trying to use the xsd library outside of eclipse.
The faq says that this is possible and that I can do
this.  I have the xsd.resources.jar as instructed by
the faq but it contains only dtd's and no class files,
and since all the constructors are protected on each
class it seems like you need classes:

ResourceSet
XSDResourceImpl
Resource
XSDResourceImpl

among others to use the lib.  Where can I get the jar
that contains all this?  Why is the xsd lib so
dependant on other libs?

Regards,
Joe