Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] WST and WSDL : basic questions

Pierre,

WTP supports WSDL 1.1. Some work has been done towards WSDL 2.0, but I don't believe it's complete. Axis2 now supports WSDL 2.0.

Arthur Ryman, Technical Executive (IBM DE)
Project and Program Management, Rational Division

phone:      +1-905-413-3077, TL 313-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-3831, TL 313-3831
fax:            +1-905-413-4920, TL 313-4920
mobile:     +1-416-939-5063

"pierre betz" <piebetz@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/14/2008 02:43 AM

Please respond to
"Web Standard Tools developer discussions." <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[Wtp-wst-dev] WST and WSDL : basic questions

Hi everyone, after searching for a week on the web for informations,
I still don't have found what I want, so I mail here -hoping you will have the answers-.

I'm developping web services within eclipse using the wtp tools :
- Eclipse Version: 3.3.2
- WSDL validator plugin 1.1.201.v200706062140
- WST plugin 1.0.2.v200706120315
- Axis2 Codegen Wizard Plugin v 1.3.0

So now the questions :

First of all, I did not find any real answers about the versions of WSDL used by the plugins listed above. Can we use now the WSDL version 2 or wee need to stay on the 1.1 (or 1.4 ?).

Next, I have some problems during the validation of my WSDL file:

I have a WSDL file which include a schema from another document.
I really need a good example of how to include a schema because the w3 site or others have so lot a different descriptions I can't find the good one.

so basic infos :
http://site.com/webservice/myWSDL.wsdl << my wsdl file

http://site.com/schema/mySchema.xsd << my schema

and now the beginning of my wsdl file in which I want to import the schema :

<wsdl:definitions
   xmlns:soap="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
   xmlns:tns="
http://site.com/webservice/myWSDL.wsdl"
   xmlns:wsdl="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
   xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
   name="CommonData"
   targetNamespace="
http://site.com/webservice/myWSDL.wsdl">

 <wsdl:types>
   <xsd:schema    targetNamespace="
http://site.com/schema/mySchema.xsd"
               xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
       <import namespace="
http://site.com/schema/mySchema.xsd"
               schemaLocation="
http://site.com/schema/mySchema.xsd"/>

   </xsd:schema>

 </wsdl:types>

So that is not working. First I don't know which version of wsdl it is, so I can't maybe use the good balises.
second, in lot of examples, the definitions are differents.
In the definitions, sometime the address of the xmlns:xxxx finish with a slash (" / "), sometimes not. Why and where do I nedd to put it ?

Same question in the types : schema and the import. Sometime in the examples they put the extension (.xsd), sometimes not.

Could somebody give me an example of a wsdl file ( just the beginning) with an import of schema ? and the version of wsdl he is using.

thanks a lot for the answers or links which could be useful, don't hesitate to ask me for more informations.