[Wtp-wst-dev] Starting work on the XSD editor

I started work on migrating the XSD editor plug-in from the IBM contribution
to the new CVS structure and dependencies.  I have a few questions before I
dig into this.  (I will be at the OOPSLA conference this week, so if anyone
there is interested in talking about the XSD support, look for me at the
Eclipse BOF Monday evening.)

* IBM is planning to refresh their contribution following completion of
their WSAD 6.0 release.  I assume the XSD editor code will be refreshed?  If
so, am I wasting my time to do anything here before that code is refreshed?
There is lots of work-in-progress and commented out code in the original
contribution.

* The XSD editor uses the tabbed properties from:
	com.ibm.xtools.common.ui.properties_6.0.0
  But I don't see this in CVS yet.  Is someone working on it, or should I do
so?

* The M1 XML editor does not use a multi-page editor. Is work under way to
add the table view page?

* In the IBM contribution, the XSD editor extends the XML multi-page editor
and adds a graphical design view.  Any thoughts about how this should be
designed in the WST M2 release?

I'll have more questions and comments, but first want to check whether
anyone else is working on this and if I should wait for the IBM refresh.

Thanks,
  Dave Carlson
  http://www.XMLmodeling.com

Back to the top