Re: [wtp-releng] Enable Gerrit for WTP repos

On 03/28/2014 03:39 PM, Thanh Ha wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I know at the moment only JSDT is available on Gerrit and there is an open bug requesting to enable Gerrit for WTP Releng repos [1]. I'd like to start discussions about moving more WTP repos to Gerrit. Personally I think it makes it easier for me to contribute patches than attaching them to bugs like we are doing today and should hopefully make it easier for WTP developers to accept patches too.

We could also enable Gerrit review triggers on the various repos to automatically test build too.

As for committers we can enable Gerrit to allow pushing directly which means the only affect on existing committers is that they would have to update their Push URLs to point to the new Gerrit URLs but they can still operate the same way they do today.

Thoughts?

Big +1 for that.
Gerrit has shown incredible effect on the amount of contributions and diversity of contributors for Platform. WTP could really benefit of the same boost.
What would be reasons for not adopting Gerrit ?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top