Re: [wtp-releng] How does CBI know where to pull from?

Thanks for the information.

webtools.jsf has now been branched for R3_6_maintenance. I will post a separate notification for those who have tuned out of this thread.

-          Ian

From: Julio Cesar Chavez Ortiz/Mexico/IBM [mailto:chavezjc@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2014 2:52 PM
To: Webtools releng discussion list
Subject: Re: [wtp-releng] How does CBI know where to pull from?

Hi,

1. Since WTP 3.6.1 (when we migrated to CBI) the maps are not used, but for patches WTP <= 3.6.0 we still require to update the mappings.
As Mickael commented, in CBI we use git submodules for that purpose.

2. I will do the update in the webtools.releng.aggregator/scripts/repositories.txt when needed.
-The usual procedure would be
a) Create the new branch,
b) Notify thru wtp-releng the component has been branched (as indicated in mail:
Notify to wtp-releng when R3_6_maintenance branch is created, Aug 26; I sent that to wtp-dev, but I missed to send it to wtp-releng too)
- The reason of this, is that not all the components have a R3_6_maintenance branch, so we need specify individually which is the right branch.

Currently the branched used are:

webtools.common: master
webtools.common.fproj: master
webtools.common.snippets: master
webtools.common.tests: master
webtools.dali: master
webtools.ejb: master
webtools.javaee: master
webtools.javaee.tests: master
webtools.jsdt: master
webtools.jsf: master
webtools.jsf.docs: master
webtools.jsf.tests: master
webtools.releng: R3_6_maintenance
webtools.servertools: R3_6_maintenance
webtools.servertools.docs: master
webtools.servertools.tests: master
webtools.sourceediting: master
webtools.sourceediting.tests: master
webtools.sourceediting.xpath: master
webtools.sourceediting.xpath.tests: master
webtools.sourceediting.xsl: master
webtools.sourceediting.xsl.tests: master
webtools.webservices: master
webtools.webservices.axis2: master
webtools.webservices.jaxws: R3_6_maintenance

So, if any (or all) of them):

-
webtools.jsf: master
- webtools.jsf.docs: master
- webtools.jsf.tests: master

Have been branched for R3_6_maintenance, just let me know which ones to make the update.

Please note that currently that build is turned off, and will be re-activated later after some maintenance on the scripts.

Please let me know any comment, doubt or concerns about this.

Regards,

WTP RELENG

Inactive hide details for Ian Trimble ---29/09/2014 16:20:20---I therefore have two questions: 1.       Have I been updating maIan Trimble ---29/09/2014 16:20:20---I therefore have two questions: 1.       Have I been updating map files in webtools.maps for no reas