[wtp-releng] CBI JUnits: Best way to use a Tomcat server in a test

In the past, the build machines had Tomcat installed in a specific directory.

The test.xml file would have an entry like this: <property name="extraVMargs" value="-Dorg.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.50=${testDir}/${tomcat50Dir}"/>

For CBI, what's the best way to deal with installing a Tomcat server?

Would we expect the CBI machines to have Tomcat installed for us? Or should we deal with downloading and installing Tomcat as part of the JUnit?

Right now, if the Tomcat directory is not defined, the test would be skipped.

Thanks,
Steven Hung
Software Developer
WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools (WDT) - Server Tools
8200 Warden Avenue
Markham, Ontario L6G 1C7

T:
905-413-2899