[wtp-releng] No declare for 4/24 I build, updated licenses coming

Folks,

I was out sick last week.  (My apologies for missing the WTP Development Status meeting.)  When I got back to things on Monday, there were two pressing issues to address:
1) The WTP 3.6 build was still building on the Eclipse 4.4 M6 base- we needed it to move up to make sure that changes in the base platform (especially the com.ibm.icu changes) did not impact us.
2) Eclipse has a "new" license for 2014 that we need to use for our WTP 3.6 delivery.  (I say "new" because it is the old license, but with the Metro Link Public License reference removed)

When I set to work fixing these issues, I did not notice that the 4/24 build had not been declared (there was still one outstanding test result).  The builds I kicked off since then have deleted the build that we were testing - I apologize, but we really needed to get on top of a recent build.  Fortunately, that adoption went smoothly- no new issues are seen at compile time or during the running of the tests.
For the second issue, I have opened https://bugs.eclipse.org/433700 to address WTP's adoption of the new license.  Once I have the automatic adoption done (which will occur for features that do not specify a license in their source), I will open bugs to address the teams that need to manually edit/remove their licenses to comply with this.  We will discuss it more at this Thursday's WTP Development Status meeting.
Also, even though no declare was made, at least one team did start releasing things and kicked off builds.  While this should not happen until a declare occurs (or a note like this was sent), due to my mess up, I will be lenient on that team.  However, in the future, please refrain from releasing additional changes to the build until the smoketest request is resolved (unless you are asking for a respin to help resolve those issues, in which case a note should be sent to wtp-releng).

FWIW,

- Carl Anderson
WTP Build guy

Back to the top