Re: [wtp-releng] Test failures with latest CBI build master

On 01/03/2014 10:07 PM, Thanh Ha wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Hi Thanh,

I noticed I've been running into test failures with the latest CBI build and when I checked with the HIPP instance it's also failing with the same failure [1]. Is this due to a recent change? is there already a bug open for this?
Victor already answered your question, but I'd like to suggest some tweaks to the CI job config to make that failing tests don't block build and are reported as UNSTABLE build instead of failure.
You might like to change the following things in the job configuration:
* Set maven.test.failure.ignore=true and maven.test.error.ignore=true in the Maven executor. Those will make Maven go ahead even if there are some test failures/errors.
* Configure Hudson JUnit report plugin to look at test reports in */*/target/surefire-reports/*.xml,*/*/*/target/surefire-reports/*.xml and maybe other locations (avoid using **/target/surefire-reports/*.xml because ** takes a while and slows down Hudso)
* Set the Maven flag -fae (or --fail-at-end) to let Maven go as far as possible even is something is wrong, and report errors at the end.

HTH
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat