[wtp-releng] Question on Test git repositories

Is there a particular reason that the tests have been put into their own repositories?

This seems to go against the way every other project at eclipse has migrated to git.

For one thing this would seem to complicate the build, especially if one wanted to leverage the CBI infrastructure. You now have to do a two stage build if doing Continuous Integration. One to build the artifacts, and then another to build the tests and run them against the artifact.

In the XSL project we were using Maven and Tycho to build things from a CI point of view. This allowed for a simple build of running the tests and the code together, by just doing: mvn clean install.

As it is now, this makes it a bit more difficult, and also introduces the possibility that the tests won't be run.

I see that other WTP projects are setup the same way.

Dave

Back to the top