[wtp-releng] WTP 3.4.0 RC1 not yet declared- trying to fix the JUnits

Folks,

Before I started changing things, I put a copy of the final RC1 build that was done on Friday (the respin for Dali) onto download.eclipse.org, where it will stay hidden until we declare our RC1 driver on Tuesday, May 22nd.  However, I am not at all happy that that build does not have any JUnit test results.  As such, I am attempting to get Graphiti 0.9.0 to install via p2 in the build, and so you may see build failures and additional bad-looking stuff on the committer downloads page.  So I am writing this e-mail to ensure that everyone understands:

We have not declared RC1 yet.  Please do not commit/release any RC2 content until the declaration of RC1 occurs.

We are ready to declare RC1.  The content is safely tucked away on download.eclipse.org.  If someone needs a last minute emergency respin of RC1, please let me know.

I am trying to fix the JUnits, so there will be some build instability.  However, I can quickly revert my changes, should the need arise.

There should be no need to rerun any smoke tests- the content from WTP will not be changing... the only change should be that the JUnits run.  If I happen to get them working, I will download the driver and smoke test it some myself.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please let me know.

Sincerely,

- Carl Anderson
WTP Build guy

Back to the top