[wtp-releng] The 500+ (un)expected comparator errors

Folks,

This note is the plan of action for handling the unexpected comparator log errors that are occurring in the WTP 3.4.0 builds right now.  Simply put, most of those comparator "errors" are now expected- the signing certificate and process at eclipse.org changed, and the name of the file that is produced has also changed.  As such:

First, the WTP Build guy (me) will be adding that message to the list of expected comparator log messages.

Second, after a build, I will be opening up high severity bugs that must be fixed before we can declare WTP 3.4.0 M7.  This should effect around 30 plugins that need to be retagged.

Also, as a reminder, starting with next week's declare, the versioning information and the comparator log must be clean before we declare.  That will remain the case until we declare WTP 3.4.0.  Please fix those issues as soon as possible.

FWIW,

- Carl Anderson
WTP Build guy

Back to the top