Re: [wtp-releng] WTP Smoke tests delayed - deadlines extended until Friday 12pm EST

Folks,

	Let's proceed in this fashion:  Since no other team needs to redo
their smoke test, once JSF has smoke tested the respin, we will do another
declare of WTP 3.3.1.  This is for Eclipse Indigo SR1 RC3, so we need a
build that is as close to the final release as possible, so the respin is
warranted.
	However, if we follow the proper usage of the smoke test page, this
will not be an issue.  The first paragraph on the page states:

Instructions:

Use a red X (fail) icon () to signify that the build should not be
promoted, that a respin is required. In that case, please provide bug
number and be sure those that need to fix something are aware of it, and
can arrange for a respin. Once the issue has been fixed, and confirmed,
change the red X to a green check mark with the build Id where is was
verified, so those doing the promotion know its ready to go.

So, let's do what it says to do there- please change the JSF smoke test
results to a red X.  Once the JSF team has re-smoke tested the rebuild,
change it to a green check mark, and I will promote that build.

FWIW,

- Carl Anderson
WTP Build guy

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Ian Trimble <ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                              |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                          |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |09/02/2011 12:32 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [wtp-releng] WTP Smoke tests delayed - deadlines extended until Friday 12pm EST                                                               |
|------------>
| Sent by:   |
  |wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                    |

The build as it existed tested successfully, so I marked it accordingly, it
was later that we realized that our changes had not made it into the build.

I believe the green check mark is correct - that particular build passes
our smoke tests. It doesn't have all of our desired fixes in it, but I
don't believe it's correct to claim it failed smoke tests because of that.

Thanks,
 - Ian