From:        David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
To:        wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        02/10/2011 03:41 PM
Subject:        [wtp-releng] Smoke Test Request for WTP 3.2.3 M-build for Helios        SR2-RC4, almost
Sent by:        wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Smoke Test Request for WTP 3.2.3 M-build for Helios SR2-RC4

Please document your Project's testing and approval of this week's candidate build,
by Friday, 3 PM (Eastern Time) (at the latest),
or let us know if that's not possible.

As discussed in status meeting, we will rebuild after retagging, to make sure our

deliverables matches the output from latest compiler.

But, unlike discussion in status meeting, I realized after the meeting, that smoke testing on current
build would not be invalid, since we concluded changes in byte codes were safe,
and we are retagging and rebuilding mostly for hygiene and future maintenance.
You are welcome to wait for final build (I know I would) ... I am just
saying if any team has reason to, it would not be invalid to test this not-quite-final build.
And, since this is our candidate for Helios SR2 ... it would not hurt to do lots of testing!

I will send out another note when final bits are done.

Current Build

http://build.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/wtp-R3.2.3-M/20110210015622/M-3.2.3-20110210015622/

Smoketest Results

http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Smoke_Test_Results_R323_02102011