[wtp-releng] Smoke test postponed for Helios SR2 RC4 candidate

Out latest build at

http://build.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/wtp-R3.2.3-M/20110210015622/M-3.2.3-20110210015622/

has only one bug fixed, from last week's, so is nearly final ... BUT, I also changed the JDT compiler; for reasons described in bug

336780 - react (possibly) to compiler change in maintenance stream

So, we have a "team decision" to make (relatively quickly). Should we move to the new compiler? Or stick with old one?
If we want to do the former, then we have about 7 bundles to re-tag to make sure we get the changed byte codes in our distribution.
If we decide to stay with the old one, then we could use that build referenced above.

If anyone has any strong opinions, feel free to express them. We will discuss at 2:00 (Eastern) status meeting and decide at that time to rebuild, or stick with what we have.

Normally, I'd recommend to get current, re-tag the bundles, and rebuild. But ... that is extra work and time, and introduces a small risk of "changed, little tested" byte codes and my _guess_ is that is doesn't really matter one way or the other. But ... I did not want to decide without others opinions ... both, your opinions and I have asked the "JDT Community" on original bug 336544.

Please comment in bug 336780 if you have any opinions to go one way or the other. In either case, this will put off our smoke tests until late Thursday, or Friday. Apologies for the last minute delay.