Re: [wtp-releng] Is org.eclipse.jst.server.installable anything?

Hi,

Thanks for archiving it, David. When working on a component we tend to already have everything loaded in our workspaces and forget to check CVS for cleanup.

org.eclipse.jst.server.preview was used during development of the preview server, before I found a way to do both wst and jst with a single preview server (and if I remember correctly, never shipped). I did delete the files afterward... except the ones that were filtered in my navigator. :) I've deleted the remaining files and archived it as well.

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Angel Vera---03/11/2010 01:13:25 PM---Hi David, That plugin was providing the support for server adapAngel Vera---03/11/2010 01:13:25 PM---Hi David, That plugin was providing the support for server adapters that could be

Angel Vera/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx, wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/11/2010 01:13 PM

Re: [wtp-releng] Is org.eclipse.jst.server.installable anything?

Sent by:

wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi David,

That plugin was providing the support for server adapters that could be downloaded, and installed from remote locations, what is today known as org.eclipse.wst.server.discovery. I am not sure if there was a feature that was deprecated with it as well. I would need to look into it, if you don't.

Go ahead and create the archived.txt stating that: the function has now been moved into org.eclipse.wst.server.discovery, to support P2.

We will probably need to do this also org.eclipse.jst.server.preview, although I am not sure if the function on this one was slipt in two plugins: org.eclipse.jst.server.preview.adapter, org.eclipse.wst.server.preview.adapter, or if it was moved to org.eclipse.wst.server.preview plugin.

I will have to find out on that one to be completely sure.

Best Regards,
-- --
Mr. Angel Vera
Server Tools Developer
E-Mail: arvera@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 905-413-5919
-----
Those who think that something is impossible,
should not interfere with those who are willing to do it. - Angel Vera

Inactive hide details for David M Williams ---03/11/2010 12:58:58 PM---I've had this pesky red-X in this project in my workspacDavid M Williams ---03/11/2010 12:58:58 PM---I've had this pesky red-X in this project in my workspace for a while ... and decided to get seriou

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/11/2010 12:58 PM

[wtp-releng] Is org.eclipse.jst.server.installable anything?

Sent by:

wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I've had this pesky red-X in this project in my workspace for a while ... and decided to get serious about finding out what was causing it.

After 30 minutes or so ... I discovered we don't even build this! But apparently did in 3.1?

So ... assuming we really no longer need it, may I suggest when a project/plugin like this becomes no-longer needed, that the 'head' version be nulled out, and leave a small note (in a file named, say "archived.txt") about what happened to to the function, where it moved to, or just removed function, etc.

That way, we can rebuild in maintenance, if ever required, but I (and others) won't be so confused in the future.

I'll do it myself, if someone from core server team lets me know details. (I'm sure I once knew, but have forgotten).