Re: [wtp-releng] Smoke Test Request for Post WTP 2.0.2 patch for222531

Thanks.  I'll keep trying then.  I'm not sure why the first 3 would show up, but not the fourth.  Perhaps I will find out.

Raev, Kaloyan wrote:
Following the instructions from Helen, I had no problem installing the patch on top of the jee-winter epp installation.

From: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Neil Hauge
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:31 PM
To: Webtools releng discussion list
Subject: Re: [wtp-releng] Smoke Test Request for Post WTP 2.0.2 patch for222531

For some reason the new patch doesn't want to show up for me on the testUpdate site.  I have been successful in installing the 3 previous patches via New Remote Site and the policy.xml file, but the new JST Web Core patch won't show up for me for some reason.

I just wanted to make sure that I was the only one having this problem, and that others were able to pick up the new patch via the test update site.  Can someone confirm?

Neil

Helen Zhang wrote:

Please update the smoketest page by Wednesday noon.  Thank you!

Please first install 202, and then use the test update site to update and smoketest this patch build.
Note that when installing the JST Web Core Patches should be at version 2.0.2.v200803241913-208i8s733I395D6BA7 and verify that the description mentions bug222531 also.

Primarily, the JEE Team, Server Tools, and possibly Web Services should do full test to ensure there is no regressions. Other teams may not need to run full smoketest scenarios, but we want to make sure that everyone at least test it out to eliminate the chances of regression.  Thanks!

Smoketest Results
http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Smoke_Test_Results_R20_0325008

This update is not yet available on the official site, copying the instructions from David to update from the test update site => /webtools/testUpdates

As recently documented in http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Patches_for_Release_2.0.2
to test the updates before making officially available in webtools/updates you can follow this procedure:

1. created a Policy file on your local file system, such as in C:\localPolicy\policy.xml
with contents such as following
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<update-policy>
 <url-map pattern="org.eclipse.wst" url=""http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml" moz-do-not-send="true">http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml"/>
 <url-map pattern="org.eclipse.jst" url=""http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml" moz-do-not-send="true">http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml"/>
 <url-map pattern="org.eclipse.jpt" url=""http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml" moz-do-not-send="true">http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml"/>
 <url-map pattern="*" url=""/>
</update-policy>
2. in Preferences, Install/Update set the Policy XML field to

file:///C:/localPolicy/policy.xml
(and if checked, uncheck the "automatically select mirrors" while you are there).

Then, update as you originally tried, and under the covers, your requests to "webtools/updates" will be
redirected to "webtools/updates". (And, if presented with a list of mirrors, you should scroll down and
pick the home "download.eclipse.org" site, instead of a mirror).

You should select http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml when the "Update Site Mirrors" panel comes up.

Regards,

Helen Zhang
Release Engineer, Project Manager
Rational Architecture Management Project Management Office
Eclipse Webtools Platform (WTP)

IBM Toronto Software Lab | 8200 Warden Ave. | Markham | L6G 1C7
Email: hjzhang@xxxxxxxxxx | Phone: 905-413-3443 | T/L: 969-3443