From: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David M Williams
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:07 PM
To: Webtools releng discussion list
Subject: RE: [wtp-releng] Smoke Test Request for Post WTP2.0.2 patchP20080313153530-20080313153530

The updates are not yet on the official updates site, which is only place that
Search for updates of the currently installed features
looks for them.

As recently documented in http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Patches_for_Release_2.0.2
to test the updates before making officially available in webtools/updates you can follow this procedure:

1. created a Policy file on your local file system, such as in C:\localPolicy\policy.xml
with contents such as following
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<update-policy>
  <url-map pattern="org.eclipse.wst" url=""http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml">http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml"/>
  <url-map pattern="org.eclipse.jst" url=""http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml">http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml"/>
  <url-map pattern="org.eclipse.jpt" url=""http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml">http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/testUpdates/site.xml"/>
  <url-map pattern="*" url=""/>
</update-policy>
2. in Preferences, Install/Update set the Policy XML field to
file:///C:/localPolicy/policy.xml
(and if checked, uncheck the "automatically select mirrors" while you are there).

Then, update as you originally tried, and under the covers, your requests to "webtools/updates" will be
redirected to "webtools/updates". (And, if presented with a list of mirrors, you should scroll down and
pick the home "download.eclipse.org" site, instead of a mirror).

I'd claim we covered this in the status call :)
but in truth just briefly mentioned it.