[wtp-releng] Build compiler warnings too aggressive?

The JSF team is in the midst of cleaning up code warnings. I thought I had resolved all the warnings caught by the webtools build, but one remains that is not caught by Eclipse/JDT at all. This is the use of imported classes only in JavaDocs. For example, we have a warning in one of our modules as below. It is true that this class is not used in the code but it *is* used in the JavaDoc and generates JavaDoc warnings if the import is removed (though it does not break the build). Indeed, Ctrl-Shift-O will add the import back in if I remove it.

2. WARNING in /shared/webtools/build-wtp-R2.0-I/workdir/plugins/org.eclipse.jst.jsf.facesconfig.common/src/org/eclipse/jst/jsf/facesconfig/common/widget/StyleCombo.java (at line 18)
   import org.eclipse.swt.SWTException;
The import org.eclipse.swt.SWTException is never used

Back to the top