[wtp-releng] Please smoke test 1.5RC1a Fri, 21 Apr 2006 -- 02:08 (UTC)

Please begin smoke testing this build (or, which ever is more current, when you get in.)

It is important we declare by noon -- if at all possible, so I appreciate everyone's willingness to help during this difficult week.

Note: this is based on Eclipse Project's platform "RC1a" build, which is currently labeled "I20060419-1640" but will likely change suddenly to "RC1a" during the day on Friday.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I did "patch" the base build to work around that shutdown problem (which only effects automated tests).
(I'll get this better documented for all,  in case anyone is trying to "mimic" our process).
(As I mentioned in our status call, the fix on our end, using ErrorDialog.AUTOMATED_MODEor similar will take a while, so,
until RC2 comes out, we'll have to live with a small patch to RC1a -- but just for our automated tests ... no one should have to run with it).

1.5RC1a     Fri, 21 Apr 2006 -- 02:08 (UTC)

Luckily,  the number of JUnit tests failures does not reflect the build quality. Most are in one suite.

The ones in j2ee.tests and tomcat.core.tests appear to be all related to the same one or two problems.

The DNF is a socket time-out we see occasionally (and I've removed that test until  it can be bullet-proofed).

Lawrence will determine if the wsdl validation failures are test problems, or wsdl validation problems on linux.
He has confirmed that wsdl validation on Windows is ok.

We will need these fixed (or limitations understood and documented, if needed) before we declare.

org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.tests_ 5
org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core.tests_ 6
org.eclipse.wst.internet.monitor.core.tests_ DNF
org.eclipse.wst.wsdl.validation.tests_ 99

Back to the top