[wtp-releng] Massive change to wst map files

Well, "in mass" change is probably a better term (but thought "massive" might get your attention :)

I've updated the wst map files (both their names and contents) to more closely match the subsystem
definitions we are now using to build wst.

You will need to re-synch the releng directory and make sure you get rid of any old, and release to
only the new.

This will help us live and breath componentization, plus, it makes it more handy for you
to check that the plugin/feature dependancies are correct. Here's how:
Start with a fresh (temporary) workspace. Load from head, the releng project.
Then, start at "the bottom" and work your way up with "load projects from map".

For example, you could "load map projects" from wst-common-core.
Should need nothing else (and should need no UI, though you'd have to
explicitly exclude those from your target to test that). Then perhaps you'd want
to do wst-server-core, wst-xml-core ... etc. Mix and match to satisfy yourself that
dependancies are correct. As a counter example, if you tried to load
wst-server-core first, then there should be red X's, since it now has a
dependancy on common (for some facet interfaces).

Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on, and to encourage
you to check my work and bring my errors to my attention.

Back to the top