[wtp-releng] Refactoring releng

Jeff,

As I go through the releng/builder, I would like to completely seperate builds and releng activities and refactor the scripts accordingly. This should help improve the build process, and allow mirror builders to be build for specific tasks, such as the one Ted is looking into arranging at BEA for the head builds.

I am trying to achieve a goal so that all build machines work out of CVS, and be exact replicas with spefic tasks, and be able to do the complete build or specific tasks (performance, API scans, maps, heads, etc). Hopefully, we can even configure who will do what from CVS.

The architecture goes:

- We build a meta-build-machine in CVS, that will have paremeters such as:
      - Build scripts and configurations
      - Manifesto of public build machines
      - The tasks assigned to each build node

- Each physical build machine runs cruise and:
      - Updates its scripts and configuration as they get modified in CVS
      - Identifies and runs its own tasks.

Here are the core releng activities that can be assigned to build machines:

1) Build the basic wtp package
      - wtp zips and tests
      - run the bvt and functional unit tests
      - make it available at the download

This type of build have two variations, from the map and from the head.

2) Performance build
      - Basic (1) build  + performance tests
      - Make the results available at the download

3) API scan
     - Basic (1) build + api scans
     - Make the results available at the download

** It seems the API scan results are checkinto and based lined from CVS, and this is kept in the releng builder. I do not think this directory is a good repsitory for them. We shoudl create a different directory in CVS (outside releng) for the API scans

Can you review your contributions at the releng.builder/scripts/*.xml for these please.

--
Naci Dai,
eteration a.s. Inonu cad. Sumer sok. Zitas D1-15

Back to the top