Objet: [wtp-proposal] Meeting Dates
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:36:34 +0200
De: Dominique DE VITO <dominique.devito@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Société: Thales Information Systems
A: wtp-proposal@xxxxxxxxxxx

* JavaOne dates:
- subproject leaders are not available or not prefer JavaOne dates,
- Erich Gamma's free time, during JavaOne, is rapidly decreasing due to
engagements.
- we can expect other people will be also busy during this event.

* June 14-15:
- The Eclipse IX conference in Germany
- not the good dates for another meeting around Eclipse.

* other points raised by Erich Gamma:
- he seems OK with a 2nd meeting in September (as it appears to be the
only choice if no Eclipse platform member available in June).
- this doesn't mean that the Eclipse platform members couldn't do any
work on this during July/August

* a date proposal is:
- June 16-19 (Wednesday to Saturday)

OK/expected OK :

- subproject leads (Arthur Ryman, Naci Dai) : OK
- BULL : OK
- Eteration : OK for Naci.
- Frameworx : expected OK (as OK for June 14-17)
- Genuitec : expected OK (as OK for June 14-17)
- IBM : OK for Arthur, for Chris Brealey, OK for Ernest Mah
(representing Craig Salter)
- INRIA : OK
- OpenWide : OK
- Thales : OK
- XQuark : OK
- Individuals : OK for Jens Lukowski

Other situation:

- Exadel : Valeriy Pelyushenko not available outside US. I have asked to
Igor Shabalov.
- Innoopract : in Eclipse conf June 14-15, but we hope they will be
available for June 16-19.
- Librados : no news
- Together Teamlosungen : no news
- Other : waiting some responses (Gorkem Ercan, Xinjie ZHANG)

I would be very sorry if I have forgotten somebody (as I am a bit late
for emails read). In that case, keep me posted! Thanks.

* meeting location:

- INRIA has proposed to host the meeting in Grenoble/France
- Other possibility: I am still investigating to host it around Paris,
in a Thales place. At first sight, it will be more than difficult than
INRIA (related to  company contraints). I will make the point tomorrow.
- At the moment, INRIA hosting in Grenoble/France is the most concrete
solution

* possibility

June 16-19 is a pretty good candidate.

Regards,