Re: [wtp-pmc] [ANN] ATF project new name search: final voting round starts- PLEASE VOTE ... http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=ZJf2JR8oQGk3R0yLdbrRzQ_3d_3d

Thanks for including the PMC on this proposal and process.

Some immediate questions come to mind, that I suggest you answer (or propose) as part of any name change proposal.

What does this effect, exactly? Obviously, the website, documentation, etc.
What about package names, cvs, newsgroups, mailing lists?

Thanks

Philippe Ombredanne <pombredanne@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/17/2007 11:03 AM

Please respond to
pombredanne@xxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications \(including coordination, announcements,        and Group discussions\)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'WTP PMC communications \(including coordination, announcements,        and Group discussions\)'" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-pmc] [ANN] ATF project new name search: final voting round        starts- PLEASE VOTE ...        http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=ZJf2JR8oQGk3R0yLdbrRzQ_3d_3d

After a first pass and over 50 responses to the survey, we have a crop of
good potential names for a final ballot:
I am making a new survey to select the winners:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=ZJf2JR8oQGk3R0yLdbrRzQ_3d_3d

Note that this is not a normal vote.
The committers WILL HAVE final say and their votes count much more than
those of common mortals.

This is what I call algebraic democracy :-)

And the Eclipse foundation has also its word in the game as they like to
have names that can be trademarked or are clear of trademarks.

I personally like JADE, TOAD, WBT, and Salamis, with Toad and Salamis
yielding obviously fun project logos.
I thought for sec about the (meta style) Ajax Tools Tools (ATT) but that is
surely trademarked and no one picked it.

The names that made the final round are:
ADT = Ajax development Tools
AIDE = Ajax IDE
ASIF = Ajax and Scripting Integration Framework
ATF = keep it . it is better than any of the others
ATP = AJAX Tools Platform
AWDT = Ajax, Web and DHTML toolsW2T = web 2.0 tools
CAFE = Common Ajax Framework for Eclipse
CAT = Common Ajax Toolkit
EJAX = Eclipse aJAX
FAT = Framework for Ajax Tooling
JADE = _javascript_ Ajax DHTML Environment
JSDDT = _javascript_ and Dom Development Tools
RIAF = Rich Internet Application Framework
RWAF - Rich Web Application Framework
Salamis = The kingdom of Ajax
TAD = Tools for Ajax Development
TOAD = Tools Of Ajax Development