[wtp-pmc] WTP 3.0: Clarification on the status of a requirement item..

Hi,

I have added the following to the WTP 3.0 requirements wiki, http://wiki.eclipse.org/Web_Tools_Platform_Release_3.0_Requirements#Requirements to clarify the status of a requirement item. We can review this in the status call tomorrow.

Thanks

Raghu

Status of a requirement

The current status of a requirement can be one of the following categories.

Proposed

These are requirements that are being considered for this release. These are items that are either being investigated or items that the project would like to explore but are not yet Committed. Most of the requirements should start as proposed items. After a review and some amount of detailed planning, their status will either become committed or deferred.

Committed

These are requirements that the project team is definitely going to address in the release. Resources and some amount of detailed plans have been identified for such items.

Deferred

These are valid requirements that started in a Proposed state but will not be addressed in this release. Each such item will have a brief note explaining the cause for the deferral.

[edit] Flags on a requirement

A requirement can have these additional flags.

Help Wanted

These are valid requirements in the 'Propsed' or 'Defferred' status that require volunteers to work on them. These are especially good candidates for companies or individuals who want to get involved with WTP in a large way.

Complete

This flag is used to mark items as they are mostly finished. While the items might continue to have bugs fixed etc. until the final release, we expect each milestone will have some items to mark as "complete", such as those going into a New and Noteworthy document for that milestone. This flag is a good indication that something is ready to be fully tested, documented, etc.

Back to the top