RE: [wtp-pmc] FW: [wtp-dev] RDB Requests PMC Approval For WTP 1.5.5 Defects

> We do need to make sure that there are no API changes, breakages.

Strongly agreed. I've been in an offline discussion with the RDB team where these changes were discussed, and they agreed that compatibility is paramount. They claim that this has all been done in a non-breaking way, and have arranged testing both on WTP and on their adopter products to ensure this.

We also have an adopter product that depends on RDB, and we've had a developer review the changes with the RDB team for compatibility. However, we should each do our own review and use our votes accordingly.

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
RAD Release Architect and WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

"raghunathan srinivasan" <raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/23/2007 09:58 PM

Please respond to
"raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx"        <raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>; Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications \(including coordination, announcements,        and Group discussions\)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements, and        Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [wtp-pmc] FW: [wtp-dev] RDB Requests PMC Approval For WTP        1.5.5        Defects

Ok. I am fine with treating RDB as an exception. We do need to make sure that there are no API changes, breakages.