[wtp-pmc] Europa WTP Shutdown criteria

PMC,

I'd like to add a notion of some shutdown criteria for WTP 2.0 in Europa so we can rest at ease we are delivering a quality deliverable.  This information could be added to the ramp down plan at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_2.0_Ramp_down_Plan_for_Europa

My initial items are things like:

Europa WTP Exit Criteria

No resolved, unverified blocker/critical bugs.
No failing JUnits.
No compile errors.
No undocumented access rule violations.
No uninvestigated access rule warnings.
No undocumented adopter breakages.

This list is just to start a PMC brainstorming session.  I'm sure a more cohesive and obtainable list could be created.  I feel this would go a long ways in changing committers mindsets with respect to how serious some of these items are in terms of quality.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

Back to the top