Re: [wtp-pmc] Fw: Status and remaining actions needed for EclipseCon choices

+1

On 2/8/07, David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Having heard no objections to this proposal, and one confirmation, I'll
consider it our best course of action. (since deadline is coming right
up).
That is, I'll "return" 2 short talk slots, and lobby for 2 more demos.

Thanks,

----- Forwarded by David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM on 02/09/2007 12:36 AM
-----

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM
02/07/2007 12:04 AM

wtp-pmc
cc

Subject
Status and remaining actions needed for EclipseCon choices

I've changed the status in EclipseZilla for our firm choices we made
today.

For demos, that's excepted 3, declined 5 and left two "on hold" in case we
get more
slots.

For short talks, I accepted 4, and declined one, leaving 1 in limbo, and 2
slots open.

So, while we potentially have two more to accept here, I
wanted to let you all know what I learned about short talks.
(From Richard).

They _are_ going to be pretty much assigned "at random" to intentionally
encourage audiences to hear a wide range of diverse subjects (since they
are, after all, short talks).

So, in my humble opinion, I think that tips Neeraj's short talk to the
kindly decline
category, as it seems a very narrow topic (very interesting to a few, but
incomprehensible
or irrelevant to many).

4114 Neeraj Agrawal    Effectively using util jars in WTP projects

Further, Richard mentioned that if we "return" the 2 unfilled short talk
slots, that would make it more likely to get 1 or 2 more demo slots.

So, I recommend we kindly decline Neeraj's short talk, and continue to
lobby Richard for two more demo slots, if at all possible for the program
committee to find room for them. The two demo's "on hold" waiting for
space are, in order,
4009 Anatole Tartakovsky Rapid Application Development of Rich Internet
Applicatio...
4010 Kathy Chan Web services tools in WTP including the support for
Apach...

PMC Members, please document to this wtp-pmc list if you agree or
disagree with this recommendation. (or, if we should schedule a follow up
call,
or, if you have other recommendations).