Re: [wtp-pmc] Minutes of requirements call - Oct 26

Jochen, thanks for posting the minutes.

Under the topic of quality the minutes list the following item:

"QUALITY is a major theme for 2.0 - not a lot of new features, but resolving major bugs "

I think it will be beneficial to WTP and a great way to focus on quality to include a specific goal for automated testing in this quality item. For example, looking at the test coverage report for 2.0M1 [1] there are currently 48 plug-ins that do not have any automated test coverage and a further 30 plug-ins that do not have at least 50% automated test coverage. (In contrast, there are 29 plug-ins that have at least 50% automated test coverage.) A specific goal of every plug-in having at least 50% coverage (or a statement of why 50% coverage is not obtainable, which it isn't for some UI plug-ins) can be set and the status of automated test coverage can then be followed up on in the weekly status calls.

(I didn't add this to the wiki page as it looked to be just the minutes from the call. If it is meant to be modified perhaps a comments section should be added.)

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R2.0/S-2.0M1-200609010131/apiresults/full_test_coverage/api-tc-summary.html

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

"Krause, Jochen" <jkrause@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/13/2006 11:48 AM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-pmc] Minutes of requirements call - Oct 26

Finally the minutes of the requirements call are published here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/2006-10-26_wtp-requiremements-minutes

Please let me know if you have additions (or add them directly to the wiki).

Jochen Krause - Innoopract
WTP requirements