[wtp-pmc] Java EE 5 Support Action Items

As you all know, there is a request for WTP to enable adopters to support EE 5 at the earliest possible time. There is a bugzilla opened by SAP with a potential patch: (See Bug: 157185).

A quick review of the patch indicates that the impact would be deep (I recall reading a note from chuck but cannot locate it) and we will have to evaluate how to approach it carefully. There are also concerns that including the Java EE 5 support too soon will cause resourcing issues. We simply do not have too much bandwidth in 2.0 timerame. I would like the following component teams (at least) to address the impact issue from their perspective in preparation for the planning. Please use the same Bug to track the issues.
   J2EE Core/UI  - Chuck Bridgham
   Server Runtimes - Tim DeBoer
   JSF - Raghu
   Dali - Neil Hauge
   SSE- David?

I would like to propose the following to be on the agenda for the planning call (Sep 25-29 )

   - Java EE 5 Support  Plan  Items for components
- Potential target release for WTP with Java EE 5 Support (R2.0, R1.6, ...?) - Call for Candidates who would like to commit their time for the implementation

--
Naci Dai,

eteration a.s. itu teknokent ari-1 25
Maslak, Istanbul 34469