Re: [wtp-pmc] Fw: Please smoke test 1.5.1 Thu, 14 Sep 2006 -- 06:50 (UTC)

I did test  the latest ATF release using WTP1.5.1 and didn't have any problems. The ATF code also compiles without any changes. I took a look at the bugs, but none of them seem to have any effect on ATF. At this point I don't think I have the knowledge to vote one way or the other on the bugs, since I haven't been involved with WTP very long.

   Thanks
     Bob

Robert Goodman

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/14/2006 08:46 AM

Please respond to
"WTP PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-pmc] Fw: Please smoke test         1.5.1 Thu,        14 Sep 2006 -- 06:50 (UTC)

Fellow PMC members,

Been a busy week? :)  I know several were just submitted yesterday, but there are many bugs that still need PMC review.

When asked, I told committers to go ahead and release for our release candidate this week (based on my review alone),
with the condition that they might have to revert if any PMC member objected. But, please finish your
reviews today since we should not really revert after we declare.

And .. please keep your eye on the list through out the day, in case there's any late-breaking candidates for a re-spin.

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/plans/1.5.1/pmc-bug-approval.php

I'm sure there will be more candidates for another candidate next week ... but, we want to do what we can to minimize them.

Much thanks,

----- Forwarded by David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM on 09/14/2006 09:39 AM -----
David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM

09/14/2006 09:39 AM

wtp-releng
cc
Subject
Please smoke test         1.5.1 Thu, 14 Sep 2006 -- 06:50 (UTC)

Please smoke test and report results to wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx

1.5.1  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 -- 06:50 (UTC)

Remember, we want this build (or, what ever we end up declaring on Friday, if respin is needed) to be our "release candidate" for
the Callisto Fall Maintenance, which means all on its own it really should be worth of a maintenance release, if we absolutely could not
include more fixes after this week.

This means, this "smoke test" should be little deeper than most ... please confirm versions IDs, visually inspect (or use "diff")
on installed runtime and SDK code to confirm all is as expected, and use it to verify any previous blocking or critical bug fixes!

This means, after declared, only the safest, highest impact, most review, and most tested fixes for the worst bugs should be brought forward
for consideration. Yes, we want to improve quality, but, at this point stability and avoidance of regressions is just as important.