[wtp-pmc] Visual designer

Jean,

Just wanted to touch base with you on the visual designer code donation. Several issues:

  • As I’m sure Raghu conveyed, the EMO clarified that we can automatically add Sybase committers who are “attached” to this code base, so long as it forms a new component. If you have some resources already identified, I can help you with the committer “paperwork” to get them signed up.
  • The PMC’s preference for a location was the JST sub project. The component can be incubated there and delivered with WTP 2.0. Existing JSF-specific functionality should be factored out over time and placed in JSF, and new JSF-specific functionality should be located there insofar as possible.
  • We will need to create an IP entry in the WTP log and track the review process with Janet. I’m happy to help with that, but will need a copy of your submission paperwork – please forward at your earliest opportunity.

You are also welcome to attend a PMC call if you’d like to discuss these or other issues surrounding the donation and subsequent activities on this codebase; just let me know and I can forward the call info. Thanks,

Tim

Back to the top