[wtp-pmc] FW: EclipseCon '07 planning

Title: Re: EclipseCon '07 planning

FYI – note increase in WTP tutorial allocation by 1, which now matches what we had last year.

From: Richard Gronback [mailto:richard.gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:17 AM
To: Tim Wagner
Cc: eclipse.org-pmc-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx; Bjorn Freeman-Benson; Ian Skerrett; Scott Rosenbaum; Gaff, Doug; Ed Merks
Subject: Re: EclipseCon '07 planning

Thanks, Tim!

I’ve attached an updated spreadsheet with some changes based on this and other feedback.  Also, there is a list of potential keynotes on the second sheet.  Let me know if you need a format other than Excel.

In general, I have done and would like feedback on:

  • Removed the Linux track, as it seems odd to me as well.  Objections?
  • Renamed the tracks with more “friendly” names, more in line with what we did for categories in Callisto
  • Increased the WTP tutorial # ;)
  • Reduced the #s on the Business track
  • Added an RCP track
  • Regarding “holdbacks”: Mike has 2 reserved slots that he’s happy to make transparent
  • Scott made a good recommendation (imo) to have tracks that encourage multiple project use, so end-to-end solution presentations/demos/tutorials:  thoughts?  What to name it?
  • Combined Heath and Automotive into “Industry Verticals” track... Thoughts in this track in general?
  • From Tools, it seems only COBOL and GEF are left, as I can see VE falling into the ‘Java Development’ track, PHP falling into the ‘Web Development’ track, and C/C++ having its own track... Or, to leave all in the ‘Tools’ category, whose name doesn’t fit with the rest of the ‘friendly’ track names?
  • Should there be an ‘Eclipse Development’ track, to focus on general extensibility/PDE?
  • Scripting track... Necessary?  Can it be part of the Technology track?
  • DSDP and Mobile tracks combined into ‘Mobile and Embedded’ track

As soon as we get representatives from each track, I’ll create a mailing list to avoid blasting all of the PMC leads.

Thanks,
Rich